2011年5月25日 星期三

"Everything I was looking for (but pricey)"

Cons: $500, without the stylus, is a bit steep. If that's a major factor for you, just wait - the price'll go down.

Summary: I've been waiting and waiting for a great 7" tablet - and the Flyer fits the bill, in my opinion. I've only had it since the weekend but I'm IN LOVE!

Why I didn't by the Blackberry Playbook: no apps, no built-in calendar or email functionality. Why I didn't buy the Galaxy Tab: weaker specs than the Flyer (memory, processor speed) and very unlikely to be upgraded to Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich. Donald Bell is just not sold on the 7" form factor and can't forgive a device for its diminutive size, yet 7" is precisely the sweet spot for someone who will be using a tablet for e-reading, the occasional web-surfing, emailing and calendar..er...referencing.

10" is not portable, not comfortable for reading. So if you're in the market for a 7" tablet, you're probably not in the market for a 10" tablet. Compared to all the 7" tablets out there, the HTC is clearly (for now!) your best option. One more thing: Honeycomb is still a work in progress, and HTC didn't want to hold off on getting a tablet into the market just so it could have Honeycomb; for now, an optimized Sense UI over Android 2.3.3 provides an elegant, streamlined experience - plus I've started to see a lot of apps optimized for the 7" tablet experience (Nook, NYTimes) - regardless of which Android operating system is running. So not having Honeycomb is really, really, not a con, as far as I'm concerned. Well done, HTC.

沒有留言:

張貼留言