2013年2月5日 星期二

Liberation's" Christopher Shy

When it comes to expanded universes, few do so well as the “Dead Space” series. I’ve raved quite a bit about Brian Evenson’s brilliant book series for their solid foundation building, but Ian Edginton’s graphic novels also stand out. The graphic novels help fill in details between games, and while their story is always interesting, it is Christopher Shy’s illustrations which elevate these books into works of art. With the release of “Dead Space 3″ on February 5, Titan Books is re-releasing “Dead Space: Salvage,” alongside the new graphic novel, “Dead Space: Liberation.” Christopher Shy spent some time discussing the style and creative process of telling Carver’s story through art.Cheaper For bulk buying handsfreeaccess prices.

Right now, I would have to find the time to play through about three or four games a year to get back into good graces with my buddies. Right now, I average about one, with my day job of doing graphic novels. I get a lot of grief from my crew on that, so if things ever slow down, I will be back into the fold. I was a huge fan of Dead Space before coming on board to do the graphic novels, and I would say I am more excited about it now.

EA and I have logged some miles on this now. One of the producers on the game, Cate Latchford and I have spent years talking about Dead Space, at this point. I feel like I have grown with the Dead Space franchise. Ellie, Isaac, the origin of the Marker, this is a universe I am comfortable in. we spend as much time talking about the game, as we do the novels. You have to be passionate about something you are going to spend a year working on. Both the graphic novels and the game fuse together, so you need to know the universe pretty well. Cate and Chuck Beaver have been fantastic working with,Product information for Avery Dennison customkeychain products. filling me in on the future of Dead Space, and that helps me stay a little ahead of the curve so I don’t screw it up.

Originally I was brought on board to look at another franchise at EA. I met with Cate Latchford, we talked for a few months about it,You can werkzeugbaus Moon yarns and fibers right here as instock. and one day I told her what I really wanted to work on, was Dead Space. I pitched them on how I would approach the graphic novels, the tone, how we could expand outside of the Ishimura, etc. They had a story in mind, and a few months later I started. That was years ago. Now I can’t remember not working on it.

After reading the script,When I first started creating broken ultrasonicsensor. I carefully work out a style guide a few months in advance. Things for mood, character studies, a lot of concept poster style art. I have tons of notebooks I compile for a specific sequences, roughs and thumb-nailed pages. Color, tone, texture, all of that, I work out with sketches to be laid in at different times. It sounds like a lot, but it’s really become a ritual, a way in, for each long term novel. For Dead Space, I always wanted to approach the novels like I was making a movie. What would this director’s approach be? How would Ridley Scott, or Lars Von Trier approach this material? I always think in those terms before I start.

The great thing about Dead Space is that I never felt it was a tie-in. Chuck, Cate, all the folks at EA always made me feel that the graphic novels were as important to them as the game they were based on. The stories were always separate enough from the universe to live and breathe in their own world. I never felt that I was being told exactly how to construct the world, how to paint the floor tiles, that each Necromorph had to be exactly like this Necro, on that part of the Ishimura. That’s what is so great about the Dead Space crew, they understand that part of bringing in someone else, is to expand the universe, and bring a little bit of someone else’s vision to the table. I have a pretty defined style, and they embraced that, fully.

I think, like most kids, by reading comics instead of doing what they were supposed to be doing. I never wanted to do single issues though, only very long narratives. It is a difficult thing to do, to carry two hundred pages, and keep the linear flow smooth throughout. I think the challenge of that was attractive, to tell a story of that scope. I read somewhere, a few years back, that someone reported I was fine artist, who broke into graphic novels recently. What’s funny about that is that I have been doing graphic novels literally since I was 12. Never wanted to do anything else, but depending on who you talk to, I am a feature film concept artist, Visual designer, or fine artist, because I have paintings hanging in a few galleries, or because I have worked as a visual designer for features. Comics are my first love.

Pier 1 Imports has opened a store in West Des Moines at 6305 Mills Civic Parkway at the Galleria at Jordan Creek, according to a news release.

The total retail square footage of the store is approximately 7,356 square feet. The store officially opened Monday, and the first 200 customers each day through Feb. 10 will each receive a free reusable bag and backscratcher in celebration of the new store opening.

“We are pleased to bring this new Pier 1 Imports to Jordan Creek and hope that our new location will inspire customers to discover the eclectic and fun merchandise that is unique to Pier 1 Imports,” Alex W. Smith, president and CEO of Pier 1 Imports, said in the release. “Pier 1 Imports offers merchandise that fits all decorating styles, as well as a broad array of affordable holiday décor, furniture and gifts, and we look forward to sharing our unique shopping experience with the residents of Jordan Creek and the surrounding area.Bottle cutters let you turn old parkingsystem and wine bottles into bottle art!”

沒有留言:

張貼留言