2011年8月8日 星期一

Five minutes with .........Alison Bradley

Originally from Nottingham where she studied Art, Alison Bradley lives and works in the famously beautiful and bustling village of Betws-y-Coed: which you'll have gathered from recent articles is one of my most favourite places to visit.

Alison has lived in North Wales since 2004, started exhibiting in prestigious galleries like Oriel Plas Glyn-y-Weddw and the Royal Cambrian Academy in 2006 and opened her current studio and gallery in 2008 with business partner Jon Davies.

As well as being a prestigious local and national fine artist, Alison is part of the force behind the Snowdonia Arts Festival - she is very part of life in Betws-y-Coed.

We recently caught up with Alison to find out a little more about her work and what inspires her. After reading what Alison has to say, I'm sure you'll want to find time to squeeze in a visit to Betws-y-Coed, and perhaps linger in one of the many places of excellent nourishment, as well as of course, Alison's studio and gallery.
Tell us about yourself ¨C who are you and what do you do?

I am Alison Bradley, an artist working in North Wales. I paint and draw the landscape, and rural life in oils and charcoal. I run the Alison Bradley Gallery in Betws-y-Coed, Snowdonia with my partner Jon Davies.
How did you get to where you are now?

I moved to North Wales seven years ago. Inspired by the landscape, I started to paint full time. I have had an interest in art since my childhood and had studied Textile Design in Manchester Together with my partner Jon, both my business partner and picture framer, I started to sell my work through galleries and at country shows. This led to setting up Alison Bradley Gallery were people can see my work throughout the year.This patent infringement case relates to retractable landscape oil paintings ,
What are you currently up to?

We are busy glazing, mounting and framing for an exhibition of new work previewed on 10th September at the gallery; a mixture of landscape, coast and rural themed oil paintings and charcoal drawings. We will have music by Rachel Hall, and an auction, we are looking forward to the event.

The Alison Bradley Gallery will be showing work by Textile Artist Josie Russell for the Snowdonia Arts Festival 7th ¨C 9th October.Do not use cleaners with high risk merchant account , steel wool or thinners. There are creative events all weekend in the village.
Who or what inspires you?

The landscape of North Wales has attracted many landscape painters; I am interested to see their interpretation of a landscape that has changed little over the years and I see each day, Turner, David Cox, the Arenig painters Augustus John and Innes and many more. Their creativity,ceramic zentai suits for the medical, in sometimes difficult weather conditions, inspires me.Whilst magic cube are not deadly, I never tire of looking at Rembrandt and Velasquez their work can seem very modern and fresh as each mark is placed with so much purpose, a lot can be learnt from them.
What's your best project you've worked on to date?

I feel my artwork is one ongoing project, visiting places and people to find subjects. The painting or drawing I'm currently working on I always hope to be a development from the last. Setting up the gallery has been an enjoyable and rewarding project in terms of meeting customers and the gallery being part of a beautiful village.
When you're not working, what do you love to do?

Walking outdoors in the countryside,Unlike traditional Injection mold , this can turn into work if I see a good view! Gardening - I love experimenting with colour. Old films, I've just discovered I'm a Garbo fan.

沒有留言:

張貼留言